10.09.2009

Of Zombies and All Hallowed Evenings...


So, Hallowe'een is by far my favorite holiday occurring during my favorite season. There's something about the earlier darkness setting in. The smell of the first wood fires smoldering in family hearths as the cold, still, foggy air wisps and curls around you trying to pierce your clothes. The smell of decaying leaves, shimmering in the sunlight as a bottle rocket whistles across the park, "Pop!" The smell of sulphur and cordite.

Autumn, or Fall, has always appealed to me. The macabre sense of nature as plants die and animals prepare to hibernate. Hallowe'en, it is said, is the one night of the year when the boundaries between the spirit world and the corporeal world are their thinnest. Of course this is complete bullshit, as there are no such things as ghosts, or ghouls, but it sure is fun to dress in our darkest (or sluttiest) and get wasted, and set off pound after pound of explosive fireworks.

In the spirit of the season, I have started a series of Zombie Portraits. My love (hate) of the Zombie is boundless and I search out Zombie film and literature almost religiously.

You can see an example at the top of the post, That's the lovely Violet Dear whose blog Madness and Beauty is just amazing. If you'd like to see more Zombies or other cool art click here to go to my website where you'll find a selection of the Undead just waiting for you.

* * *

I also do custom portraits, band pictures and posters, so if you need work done message me! I'm fast, professional, and inexpensive...

Cheers,

Willie

No comments: